- The Primo homepage has a search box.
- Next to the search box you will come across a drop down menu.
- Here you select and tell Primo what type of item you're looking for
Below is a description on what each drop-down option searches and retrieves:
1. Libraries (the default search):
- physical items in campus libraries: books, journals, newspapers, pamphlets, DVDs
- and their electronic equivalent - e-books, e-journals and other electronic information sources to which AU subscribes (searches for the whole e-book/e-journal titles not individual chapters/articles within).
- searches across many journal articles from participating publishers and returns results with full-text online.
- combines both the “Libraries” content as well as other available e-content to vastly increase the number of search results returned. This search allows you to identify the material you need down to individual article level.
4. Aberystwyth Research Portal
- searches across AU staff and postgraduate research openly available online, including published outputs, postgraduate theses. If you prefer, you can visit the Aberystwyth Research Portal and search it directly.
5. WHELF Search
- returns results from WHELF member library catalogues. WHELF is the Wales Higher Education Libraries Forum and includes all the education institutions in Wales along with the National Library of Wales, Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales, Natural Resources Wales and the Open University in Wales.