Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Latest updates on IT and Library services
Working and studying from home
Frequently Asked Questions
Useful information for staff and students working and studying from home.
IT and Library Desk support
Virtual IT and Library Service Desk
The virtual IT and Library Enquiry Desk is available via online chat, Teams, telephone and e-mail services.
Further information available on the webpage: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/help/contactus/
Hello I'm Sarah Gwenlan, the Subject Librarian for Lifelong Learning. These pages are designed to help you get the most out of our resources. Please get in touch with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click and Collect Service
Information on our Click and Collect service is available at https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/library-services/cac. Please read this page carefully before using the service. We can only provide this service if our users abide by our new guidelines outlined on this page.
FREE ebooks and other online resources made available temporarily by academic publishers,and others. Also don't forget the great online resources that are your public and national libraries.
Our extensive collections of electronic journals, databases and e-books remain available to you 24/7 on and off-campus.
Before you start any searching off-campus:
sign in to Primo
You know you have signed in successfully if your name displays at the top right hand of your screen.
You are now authenticated to access AU subscribed electronic resources. If you close your browser, you will need to sign into Primo again to re-authenticate.
For further information on accessing e-resources off-campus see FAQ 163.
We've worked remotely to provide you with online access to resources and support. The following tabs will show you briefly which services are available and which services that are not yet available.
- Click and collect - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Collection of equipment loans - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Return of library loans – books and equipment - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Printing, photocopying and scanning - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of Aber Cards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Collection of face mask exemption lanyards - anytime during advertised opening hours
- Consultation of items not available for loan - by prior arrangement
- Document supply collection - by pre-booked timeslot only
- DVD viewing facilities - by pre-booked timeslot only
- Face to face enquiry service
- Sale of stationery and IT consumables
Access to e-resources off-campus
Information Services Twitter feed
Lifelong Learning Twitter feed